|Dress: Vintage (tailored), Belt: Vintage, Earrings: H&M, Bracelets: In Pink c/o & Charming Charlie, Watch: Michael Kors (similar here) Bag: Prada, Shoes: Christian Louboutin, Lipstick: Napoleon Perdis "Eros" c/o|
I'm so happy to debut this pretty purple dress. It has been sitting in my "to be altered pile" for quite some time and today it finally got to come out for a stroll. If you're a regular reader of A Keene Sense of Style then you already know that I love to go treasure hunting for vintage goodies. I scour my local thrift stores and flea markets to see what I can find, often times leaving empty handed. People are always asking me how I find so many great pieces, and the answer is that I am always on the hunt. Also, when something that I love is a little too big or I don't like its sleeves, I buy it anyways and take it to my tailor because I know it has great potential. Sometimes it just needs a little love and a good home.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for vintage:
1. Thoroughly inspect items to make sure there are no holes or stains.
2. Be prepared to spend some time digging.
3. Don't be afraid to do easy repairs (adding/replacing buttons and zippers or repairing a seam).
4. Factor in the cost of alterations.
5. Always dry clean or wash before wearing.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Like A Jewel
Posted by Elizabeth Keene